Text Height is not Right

LCarm

Is there a way to universally change to inches instead of points for text heights?

My brain works in inches but the other problem is that we have the text to the correct height but it is not printing correct nor when measured is it the correct height.

For instance, 3/32" height (entered in inches) = 6.8 pts at 1/4" scale viewport, the text should measure 4.5" and print to 3/32" but it measures to 3.243" and prints smaller than 3/32"  

Is there some other international point system VW goes by?  I'm baffled and incorrect text height is a big pet peeve of mine so I'm driving everyone crazy!!!

As far as text height goes, you need to print out some fonts and then adjust your input size accordingly. Two problems - 1) Fonts do not all print the right height for a given desired height and 2) VW has it's own system for deciding what the font height actually prints out as. Your 1/8" desired size may have to defined as 3/16" in VW. just the way it is. You need to define each font you use individually to get the right output.

• Like 1