Wall 2D fill vs 3D texture

jeandm

Question

Hi All,

I am trying to get a wall with multiple components to display a solid texture when looking at it in 3D but have the component display no fill in 2D.

If setting the "Edit wall attributes..." Fill to None, then the wall appears transparent in 3D even though each of the components have a texture. Which must be normal, but then, how do you force the component (for which the class fill is already set to transparent) to show no fill in 2D?

Thank you!

Edited by jeandm

6 answers to this question

Your post can be interpreted in several different ways can you be a bit more specific about what you're trying to achieve - maybe include some screenshots? When you say you want to see the wall as transparent or with no fill you mean you just want to see the outline of the wall with something else behind it? 

• Like 1

Hello, 

Thank you for your response. I mean that I want to see the walls solid in 3D (with its texture) and I want to be able to see objects through it in 2D.

I attached a screen shot of what I want in 2D and 3D (note that when I see what I want in 2D, the wall is transparent in 3D.

Thank you so much!

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 11.56.27 AM.png

3d.jpg

@Tom W. 

Yes, I have changed the stacking so far, that's how I got the screenshot I sent. I just cannot understand why the 2D fill is not a thing completely separate from the 3D texture. It seems like a missing piece. 

I would like it to happen in model space because this is where I do the drafting, so I would prefer to work on a platform that actually looks like what's going to be on the sheet.

That's okay though, I will make it work this way. Thanks for all your help Tom. Have a good rest of your day 🙂 

• Like 2