Crashes on "Zoom In"

Rob Glisson

My memory is st at 80000 with suggested and minimum at same number (12288). There is no error message - just stops working - program continues running and force quit must be performed. Occassionally, I have thought that this is just going real slow and I can get out of it, but I don't think so. I appreciate any help. This is happening on all machines occassionally. All system 9 (latest) on Macs, with minimum 128 meg ram. Occurs on small and large files.

Rob, I also am running 8.5.2 and crash on zoom or fast scroll. Memory set high, 70,000.

Have a Powerbook G4, system 9.xx and use a large monitor hooked up. Did not have many problems with System 8.xx. Thinking video card problem with the high resolution of a 19" monitor, swithed down to a 17". less problems, but still there. Norton utilities said I have a bad file, text backgrounder, I believe. Will try to reload VW. My error message is Type 2, memory. But I'm at 5 times. Will let you know what happens when I get a chance to reload.