trim tool/command in VWA9

tom brown

What happened to the trim command that VWA8 used to have? Now there is only a tool, but it doesn't seem to work right.

I used to be able to trim walls by drawing a line across it and selecting the trim command. It would split the wall in two and I could delete one part easily.

Now when I try to do this I get an error message saying it won't work, even though the manual says it will on walls.

Yes, the Trim menu command was removed from version 9.0.x. There was a misunderstanding about how and how often it was being used.

Originally we intended to replace it with the split by point and split by line tools in the editing pallet, but some users did not find these as useful.

The Trim menu command will be back in the 9.5 release, although in the current beta version it does not work 100% the same as it did in 8.5.2.

The manual on page 8-28 is incorrect. To "trim" a wall please use the split tool as seen on page 8-37.

Matthew GiampapaTechnical Support

quote:

Originally posted by tom brown:
What happened to the trim command that VWA8 used to have? Now there is only a tool, but it doesn't seem to work right.

I used to be able to trim walls by drawing a line across it and selecting the trim command. It would split the wall in two and I could delete one part easily.

Now when I try to do this I get an error message saying it won't work, even though the manual says it will on walls.