End cap for top (& bottom) of wall

E|FA

Question

8 answers to this question

On 2/4/2021 at 10:26 PM, Matt Overton said:

I assume applying a top cap would make the wall appear soild in Top/Plan view.

This feature would be awesome for half-walls. What I usually do is change the wall style to generic with no components so it shows as solid in plan, but that's not ideal because it then shows incorrectly in section. The other workaround I've tried is drawing a rectangle over it in annotation, also not great. The best solution I've seen is to just extrude a solid cap on the wall, but that cap won't adjust with wall revisions.

• Like 1

Another option is to use a slab to cap a freestanding half-wall.

141207053_Screenshot2021-02-14at08_21_06.thumb.png.2512c7c330fef1445060abbebeb09e72.png1074204794_Screenshot2021-02-14at08_20_51.thumb.png.5c9ba0a5db1fc6b877854924ddec19ca.png

The slabs have no fill in the Top/Plan view hence you can see the wall components but would look solid if given a fill.

26443402_Screenshot2021-02-14at08_20_36.thumb.png.86b1f7478f167c2f0c87f5939fb616e0.png

The simplest option is to just have a single wall + place a slab on top but it will only be manual.

If you want the slab + wall to be auto bounded you can have a wall that consists - in this case - of just the sand/cement render + plaster + no blockwork. But then the wall is hollow.

So in last version I added an internal wall for the blockwork but this isn't bounded.

But because everything is using components it will all show up in reports if that's a factor.

But be much much better to just be able to quickly add/remove components to walls like you can already with slabs.

• Like 1
On 2/4/2021 at 7:06 PM, E|FA said:

Requesting functionality similar to the wall end cap for the tops of walls.  Use cases are parapets & solid railings

It would be great to have this; also to control bottom (and ends?) of walls the same way.

Wrapping components as with Wall closure at inserts perhaps?

May be there are all wall closures: at inserts (Top-Bottom-Sides), at top-bottom and at ends.

• Like 1