Font Help

nwfonseca

Question

Hey all,

When I look at my font mappings Vectorworks is replacing Helvetica LT std Roman with a generic Helvetica LT std which technically isn't a font. What is weird is that I have Helvetica LT std Roman installed on my machine but when I try and replace the generic font with H LT std Roman it doesn't show up in the list of fonts to choose from. I have the same issue with a few other Helvetica and with Avenir as well. I have more fonts installed than VW is showing in the font mapping list.

Thoughts?

4 answers to this question

Do you have Adobe cloud software installed and are you using fonts from the Adobe cloud? These are installed differently and usually not in your system's fonts folders but still available in your software. At least that is the case for me on my Windows system.

You could try to remove the font mapping in VW for the Helvetica fonts and when it asks for a replacement you could point to the correct font.

On 2/4/2021 at 2:19 PM, Art V said:

Do you have Adobe cloud software installed and are you using fonts from the Adobe cloud? These are installed differently and usually not in your system's fonts folders but still available in your software. At least that is the case for me on my Windows system.

You could try to remove the font mapping in VW for the Helvetica fonts and when it asks for a replacement you could point to the correct font.

No, I don't use adobe cloud. I will try out stripping the fonts and see if that makes a difference.

On 2/3/2021 at 10:15 AM, nwfonseca said:

Hey all,

When I look at my font mappings Vectorworks is replacing Helvetica LT std Roman with a generic Helvetica LT std which technically isn't a font. What is weird is that I have Helvetica LT std Roman installed on my machine but when I try and replace the generic font with H LT std Roman it doesn't show up in the list of fonts to choose from. I have the same issue with a few other Helvetica and with Avenir as well. I have more fonts installed than VW is showing in the font mapping list.

Thoughts?

Hey did you ever solve this problem? I'm having the same issue I'm on Mac and the Futura font I have isn't showing in the list of fonts to choose from when trying to replace a font.