Best method for distributed loudspeaker PA

Ross McLee

Hi all,

I was after some advice on best working method for drawing an installed distributed audio systems (PA) for buildings.

I'm trying to avoid taking up huge amounts of drawing space showing hundreds of loudspeakers (lots of 100V line) all of the same type, which is not very meaningful, but I still want to schedule the quantities and locations etc.

Any  best working methods, welcome!

Thanks,

R

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I guess you could do the schematic as an abbreviated version like Speaker 1 ... 100. You know dotted lines. What you really need is to put Equipment Items on floor and reflected ceiling plans. So you could create a symbol that looks like your speaker. Create an Equipment Item and then select Use Symbol in the Object Info Palette and select your speaker symbol. That gets you and Equipment Item that looks like your speaker.

Duplicate this and rename it to create all your speakers and place them on the plans. Use Create Report menu to get a report of Equipment Items.

Just my 2c worth

Conrad

• Like 1