EU standard Centerline Markers

Kazemester

Question

21 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Hans-Olav said:

Hi @Kazemester 

Im curious What do the numbers mean, is it top and bottom of opening? 

Maybe its possible to make a data-tag that displays what you want.

- here is one that we use that display  acoustical- , fire-rating and top and bottom of rough opening.

1561755416_windowdatatag.thumb.png.481c33900a9c4ebbf19d0b8ead83b02e.png

Those are "height" and "width" data on the centerline marker (see attached picture), and height-width and sill height for windows. Standard stuff over here in Europe. 😄

edit: ...i mean on the eastern part of europe...;) (I see you are in Europe as well.)

Edited by Kazemester
correction
1 hour ago, Kazemester said:

(I see you are in Europe as well.)

I think he is exactly where Eurasian and American continent meet ....

We have, Window Width, on top of our dimension line,

Sill Height below the line.

(Sill Height = BRH = Brüstungshöhe, because it is more important,

like a railing height. Window heights will be found in Elevation and

Section Dimensions)

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Kazemester said:

Than we have a 3rd number "inside" the building which is the sill of the window.

Oh man, again another standard ...

I thought at first.

But I lied. We have it exactly the same as you described.

Dimension top = Opening Width

Dimension bottom = Opening Height

Text in Plan behind opening = Sill Height

Screenshot_2021-01-31_18_48_29.thumb.jpg.aa697f2d90d520ca29936b201d8dacb2.jpg

Edited by zoomer
  • Like 2
19 hours ago, Hans-Olav said:

Maybe its possible to make a data-tag that displays what you want.

- here is one that we use that display  acoustical- , fire-rating and top and bottom of roug

No, you can't. Depending on object rotation you end up with height over width, which is truly fatal.

Believe me, been there already.

I will file now an official wish item, wanted to do it long ago.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, str said:

This is how we do it. No flipping issues but unreliable "text wrapping + font size" settings to control text (width/height) position. Everything would work much better if we could only have multiline text in data tags... 

Screenshot 2021-02-01 at 21.53.13.png

door tags.vwx

Ahh...i see...you get the parameters from the IFC property set. That's almost what i need...almost. Thanks! 😉

yep, we do get parameters from the IFC property set since we are/were transitioning from the VW localized door/window PIO to the VW US/International door/window PIO (and we needed tags working for both), but we do also have tags getting info from the PIO or with user entered width/height fields (for special door/windows or 2d drawings etc)

Edited by str
Just now, str said:

yep, we do get parameters from the IFC property since we set the tags while transitioning from the VW localised door/window PIO to the VW US/International door/window PIO (and we needed a tags working for both), but we do also have tags getting info from the PIO or with user entered width/height fields (for special door/windows or 2d drawings etc)

Nice. Just one more question to make my life a whole...what would be the pset name for the sill? I'm trying all permutations of #SillHeight# #Sill.Height# #Window.SillHeight#...but none of them works. Can you add more than one text field to the Data tag symbol to define more tag fields though?

Thanks

30 minutes ago, str said:

@Kazemester I confirm you can add more than one text field: getting parameters from the VW US window/door PIO I would try either #Door#.#ThreshNose# or #Door#.#ThresholdZOffset#.

I ment "window" not door...can you share the link of the pio pset field list? I've found the "list of all pio record fields" script...but that doesn't do anything with the psets...

edit: i've figured it out it is actually called "elevation", but i can't find which pset contains this data in the "ifcwindow" properties...

Edited by Kazemester
note

I do usually select the data I need (lot of trial&error) either from the IFC entity or from the Object (PIO) parameters in the "Define Tag Field dialog box" (they're all listed there), adding the selected one to the tag definition. Not sure this is what you're looking for, for windows I would try with #Window#.#Elevation# (not sure, here in Italy the only standards represented in the centerline are width/height)

Screenshot 2021-02-01 at 22.53.01.png