Title Block Date

I am working with a macbook pro OS 11.1 and VW 2020.  I want to change the date in the title block of certain sheets in my project, but not all the sheets.

Using the Object Info palette, I see there is Project Data and Sheet Data, and it seems things on the Sheet Date (like the sheet title) can change sheet by sheet, but things on the Project Date change globally. The strange thing is that there is a Date field in both Project Data and Sheet Data. In my case, changing the date in the Project Data changes the date on all sheets, and changing the date in Sheet Date does nothing.

Why are there two date fields in Project Data and Sheet Data?

Is it possible to change the date on individual sheets?

Marc

It depends on how you have your title block configured.

As you say, Project data is changes in one place for every title block in the file while Sheet data is changed on a sheet by sheet basis.

There are Date fields in both because some people want all drawings to use the same date and some people (like you) want the data to be editable on a sheet by sheet basis.

Edit your Title Block Style and then the Title Block Layout. Select the block of text that represents the date. At the bottom of the Object Info Palette change the linked field to the Sheet Data field you want to use instead of the Project Data it is currently linked to.

image.thumb.png.40d9c4954c79dc2ed40d43f9e1a029f7.png

• Like 4

First do what Pat says above to make sure you're using a "Sheet Data" field instead of "Project Data." Then whenever you want to change the date on multiple sheets at once, this can be done by selecting any Title Block Border and clicking on the "Title Block Manager" button in the OIP. In this window there's a button to choose which sheets you want to apply changes to. Check and uncheck sheets as needed, then make your changes and click OK. The Title Block Manager is super handy whenever you want to change Sheet Data on multiple sheets at once instead of doing it one by one.

• Like 4