Image effects does not not export in PDF

DomasK

Question

Hello, I've been experiencing this issue allot and decided to post here looking for answers. So the trouble began when I've set up image fills that have increased exposure in image effects for polygons and then created floor objects from them. The image fill effects are visible normally in plan view and in sheet layers but once I publish the PDF some floor elements loose their increased exposure. Do you know what might have caused this to happen? 

Screenshot-2021-01-29-at-18-27-59.pngView in Sheet layer before publishing

Screenshot-2021-01-29-at-18-37-51.png

Published PDF 

• Like 2

5 answers to this question

Hello ,
I have already had this type of problem with transparencies or other effects (shadows).
I don't have a "clean" solution, but using bitmap mode in PDF export sometimes fixes the problems.
And in extreme cases, a bitmap export can save the day when you've spent a lot of time tweaking image settings.
Hope this helps you.
Good luck.
Edgar

Does it make a difference if you go to "print" and then in the print dialogue select "save as PDF" as the destination, instead of a printer?

Colour output has been messed up in Vectorwork's PDF export for ages - it so happened I was looking at this last week when images were being exported with incorrect colour (that's without any image effects being used). Exporting via the print dialogue seems to help in that particular scenario.

I continued to wrest with this. If I had to guess at a cause, I'd say the larger the image size (perspectives in particular), the less likely it is image effects will stick in an export. I also downloaded 2023 to check if the issue has been resolved, nope! Tried several tweaks before exporting, all in-date viewports, switching image effects off and on + minor adjustments, no luck. 

The solution is adobe acrobat and an external image editor.  The way image effects have been implement on viewports makes them near inaccessible anyway. If you attempt to work in the background during a render, image effects get locked behind the out-of-date viewport.    

• Like 1