Textures not showing

chilternGD

Question

9 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Have you checked the Navigation palette class and layer settings?

class and/or layer visibility setting, an objects texture won't display when they are set to grey,

class and or layer options,  if set to grey others, grey/snap others or active only, only the active class and or layer (depending on your settings) will display textures

Thanks @jcogdellThe class and layer are both switched on. I don't know what else to do. I've watched videos and know how to set the render settings for left, and right side of walls, I've tried all these but still they are transparent, as are my window frames. I've attached screenshots so you can see what my settings are. Any other suggestions?  

Screenshot 2021-01-29 at 10.01.10.png

Screenshot 2021-01-29 at 10.01.35.png

Tip: I have found that viewports 'forget' to display textures when rendering in GL. After checking all of the usual suspects - see settings described above, if still no textures in the rendered VP, then go into design layer and choose drop down render menu to GL options and you will usually find the show texture button toggled off, just toggle to on, render and return to VP - all is good again. VW VPs seem to forget textures occasionally.