Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Hyperlinks Navigation Menus in Published PDF

Seeking a way to add links to Title Block Borders so they appear on all sheets when Published.

I would like to place hyperlink symbols inside the Title Block Border and use it as a way to create custom navigation menus when Publishing a PDF...  When I place the hyperlink items inside the TItle Block Border now they do not work when the file is Published and Opened inside Acrobat - the links are not clickable.

However, the hyperlinks work just fine if placed directly on a sheet (and not inside the Title Block Border symbol), but that means I would have to copy the submenu list and paste it onto each sheet if I cannot place it inside the Title Block Border. This would not be feasible.

Any ideas?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
11 hours ago, bluewater2222 said:

Seeking a way to add links to Title Block Borders so they appear on all sheets when Published.

I would like to place hyperlink symbols inside the Title Block Border and use it as a way to create custom navigation menus when Publishing a PDF...  When I place the hyperlink items inside the TItle Block Border now they do not work when the file is Published and Opened inside Acrobat - the links are not clickable.

However, the hyperlinks work just fine if placed directly on a sheet (and not inside the Title Block Border symbol), but that means I would have to copy the submenu list and paste it onto each sheet if I cannot place it inside the Title Block Border. This would not be feasible.

Any ideas?

Hello @bluewater2222,

Seems like hyperlinks are not made to work when inside other objects or symbols. Maybe there is another way to achieve what you are trying to do. Can you attach an example pdf here with working hyperlinks, so that I can see what is the goal?

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

@bluewater2222 same question was asking myself yesterday...would also welcome if there is some way to achieve this more automated way.

With Back-referencing feature and export of linked objects to PDF-hyperlinks in place it does more sense to navigate easily through documents. I can easily have 100 pages document for architectural design phase and quick navigation through sheets is really really needed. While drawings itself can be interconnected with back reference there are other sheets with worksheets or some text that would be nice to easily accessed from other parts of document too. Hyperlinks can do it but in case of rather large document more automated way of placing navigation links on pages/sheets would be really welcome.

Edited by drelARCH