"create roof " problems

innovative

I have been using Vectorworks for about 2 years. I works great in drawing simple floor plans and elevations. However, I still run into a problem when I am drawing a house plan with different wall heights and offsets. I get the "could not create roof, house drawing is too complex to compute" message. To create the roof, I usually trace the floor plan in a different layer, then create roof from polygon. Everything is okay until I make changes in wall heights, hip to gable, or a different pitch. I have seen some improvement in the softwares' capabilities through the upgrades, but It frustrates me when I am still receiving those messages. When is this ever going to be resolved?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You asked a general "when" question which is difficult to answer. Let me encourage you to send (via email attachment) any VectorWorks file which causes a roof failure to bugsubmit@nemetschek.net. Feel free to email me personally a copy at randerson@nemetschek.net. These problems get resolved by sequentially solving enough "test cases" that currently fail.