Sam Jones

New Forum Layout.

The forum has a new layout, or I have blundered into a setting that I cannot figure out.  If it is the former, let me just say I do not like it, a lot.

Depends on the last time you were here, but I'm guessing you've blundered on a setting.

Ok.  This is reassuring.  I'll look around more deliberately for a cause of the format change.  Thanks.

I think, if your Browser Window is too small, VW Forum changes into a kind of a Mobile Version,

missing some of the Navigation Links.

Happens quite often to me as I prefer to have the left favorites bar open.

Not just VW Forum, also Modo, Bricscad, ....

• Like 1

That looks like the 'mobile'-formatted version like zoomer describes. If you make your browser wider it should go back to normal.

If your browser is the full width of the screen, has your screen resolution changed? The formatting is based on pixel width of browser rather than percentage of screen.

• Like 1

Or just hold down command and type the hyphen/minus key. It should make all the fonts smaller.  Command and the =/+ key does the opposite and make everything bigger.

• Like 2

I wondered what'd happened. I'd recently made the choice to up-scale my browser typeface sizes by - as @PatStanford mentions -  hitting ⌘+, et voila! I can see, and now I know where those pieces of website went…

thanks

Also:

• Command+0 will reset to actual size
  • Safari prefs > Websites > Page Zoom
  • The gear icon in the toolbar with the same settings (very easy to accidentally activate)

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 6.47.44 PM.png

• Like 2