Robe DL7s Symbol does not have fixture mode

rwely

Hi, 

I'm working on a lightplot with Robe DL7s. I want to do some previz in Vision, but the VW symbol does not have fixture modes. When I choose other, no fixture mode for the DL7s comes up. 

I tried to pick the gtdf fixture mode, but this does not seem to work in Vision. 

Any tips?

Cheers,

Remko

@rwely ,

There's a couple of ways to get this done.  You are correct in that Vision does not have a native model for the Robe DL7.  You can request one by going to this webpage https://www.vectorworks.net/en-US/vision and selecting the button labeled "Fixture Request" at the top of the page.  The other way is through GDTF.

I was able to download the GDTF profile from the gdtf-share.com website, import it into VW with the Import - GDTF command, set the GDTF Fixture profile in the Object Info Palette, and export to Vision and could control the fixture.  The trick is that you have to do the .MVR export from VW rather than the .ESC export, otherwise the fixtures will come over as generic mesh objects.

GDTF Profile Tested: Robe Robin DL7S Profile@18092020 Mode 3 - 7 Color

VW Version: 2021 SP 2

Vision Version: 2021 version 26.0.2.579656

sACN Control: ETC Eos Nomad 3.0

- Jesse