Hoist Heights for Hanging Positions

nakedeye

Hi, I'm posting this in Entertainmant as its not really a braceworks thing. The truss on the right is made from truss sections and given a height of 5m and hoist data for M7 & M8 show the bottom trim height of the truss (and the weight calculated in Braceworks.

The truss on the left is the same truss but converted to a hanging position however M6 and M5 show a zero truss trim height even though if I select system objects the truss, lamps and hoists are selected. I'v managed to amend the data tag for M5 so it shows the load trim however this I'm guessing the hook position as its at 4174. 

I'm looking at setting up a second data tag for hoists on hanging positions so can anyone give me an idea of the syntax for the tag?

Thanks

Mx

Screenshot 2021-01-25 at 12.53.28.png

Screenshot 2021-01-25 at 12.53.50.png

Screenshot 2021-01-25 at 12.53.38.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Sorry for the late reply, I missed your post up to now.

When converting trusses or pipes into hanging positions choose the use geometry option to avoid this issue. The create symbol options breaks the data flow between the truss and hoists.