Delay after certain commands

jcaia

I have installed the new VW Architect 9.0.1 - there are lots of improvements, however, there is STILL the delay (working under water feeling) after certain commands i.e. joining, undo etc. When is this going to be fixed? It is really getting old.

I am running a G4 400 with 384 megs of ram.

There are a number of things which can cause a slowdown in VectorWorks 9.

Mac OS 9.2.1 and 9.2.0 has a bug that when the Mac wakes from sleep it will run very slowly. To avoid this disable power saving so it never sleeps

Disabling Virtual Memory has given a slight performance increase to some users.

Make sure that nothing else is running in the background which could be holding up the computer

If you have a large number of identical plug in objects such as doors or windows, consider turning them into a single symbol with multiple instances.

Don't work in a rendered mode while drafting. The solid based renders do not scale linearly with document complexity. Try working in wire frame or OpenGl.

Try setting you number of Undos to a lower number.

There are also other bottle necks in the program which can only be fix by changes to the software itself. We are working on improving performance in many areas with the 9.5 release.

Matthew Giampapa

Technical Support

quote:

Originally posted by jcaia:

I have installed the new VW Architect 9.0.1 - there are lots of improvements, however, there is STILL the delay (working under water feeling) after certain commands i.e. joining, undo etc. When is this going to be fixed? It is really getting old.

I am running a G4 400 with 384 megs of ram.