Allocated Memory

Ed Dunn

I am working with a 1.5 MB file which keeps asking me to allocate more memory to VA. I am now up to 200MB and it wants more! I have nearly 500 MB of RAM installed. I don't use Virtual Memory as the program slows down considerably. How much RAM does 9.0.1 require?

How will VA for OSX deal with the memory management issue. The main thing I do not like about OSX is the fact that you cannnot turn Virtual Memory off. All I can see is a great loss of speed and premature death of my hard drive. It would be great if the program would be able to turn it off.

G4 450MHZ VA9.0.1, OS9.1,

------------------

Ed Dunn

Solar Design &

Construction

Flagstaff, AZ

In what situations are you getting out of memory messages? There is a bogus message that can appear if you are rendering sometimes and you are not set to active layer only.

Virtual memory shouldn't slow you down if you have it set to 1MB over your built-in memory. OSX shouldn't slow you down unless you try to run more things than will fit into your built-in memory.

• 2 weeks later...