2D Plan view not showing high window details

Hello everyone,

I have an issue with the representation of windows in 2D Plan view.

When I set the windows in high details, to even show their glass thicknesses, the windows appear in 2D and in the sheet layers exactly as I see them in the window preview of the windows settings. No problem whatsoever.

When I reached a more detailed drawing during the design process, I needed to show different parts of the walls (like insulations and so on).

The consequence of this is that in 2D Plan view, under the windows, I could see all the wall layers. To cover them I then decided to give to each window a threshold, so in the plan view the threshold could hide the wall layers underneath.

The problem is that when I apply a threshold to a window, the window looses all the high details automatically, even when in the window settings the preview is showing both the threshold and the high detailed window.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thank you 🙂

On 1/23/2021 at 4:53 PM, Matt Panzer said:

Hello @Alessio De Stefani ,

Can you attach a simple Vectorworks file showing the problem?

Hello Matt Panzer, thank you for your help.

As you can see from the pictures attached, in the window settings everything appears as I want, but after clicking 'ok' The result is a window showing little details.

Do you know how to solve this problem?

Thank you and have a good day.

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 10.31.30.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 10.30.14.png

3 hours ago, Renaud said:

The fact is that it would be great to free the details precision in the parametric objects like windows or doors.

Imagine that you need to show a plan with low detailed walls and precisely detailed windows or doors, it isn't possible at this time.

It is possible. Using Data Visualization. At least in version 2021.

Using material resource or specific class to specific material or combination of these two you can present drawing in endless graphic variety (and detail kind of as well).

It is very strong tool. Absolutely recommend it.

In attachment same viewport with different DV applied.

Snímka obrazovky 2021-01-25 o 12.06.00.png

Snímka obrazovky 2021-01-25 o 12.05.30.png

Snímka obrazovky 2021-01-25 o 12.05.15.png

Snímka obrazovky 2021-01-25 o 12.05.03.png

Snímka obrazovky 2021-01-25 o 12.04.47.png

Edited by drelARCH
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Renaud said:

The fact is that it would be great to free the details precision in the parametric objects like windows or doors.

Imagine that you need to show a plan with low detailed walls and precisely detailed windows or doors, it isn't possible at this time.

@Renaud I do not understand, you mean that I have 2 different detail precisions in the same drawing and for this reason I cannot have detailed windows? I think it would not make sense in my case, because I have detailed walls right now and so it should show detailed windows as well.

And however some months ago I had no problems in showing high detailed windows on sheet layers. If the high detail precision worked inside the window settings, I could see exactly the same thing on the sheet layer once I pressed 'ok'.

@drelARCH I still use VW 2020 (Mac version), do you know how can I find this tool also in version 2020 (or even if there is)?

This is however very strange because, as I answered already to @Renaud, some months ago I could visualize those objects in high details and I don't remember using 'data visualisation' for that. It just showed the details automatically based on which settings I choosed when creating.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
5 hours ago, Alessio De Stefani said:

Hello Matt Panzer, thank you for your help.

As you can see from the pictures attached, in the window settings everything appears as I want, but after clicking 'ok' The result is a window showing little details.

Do you know how to solve this problem?

I believe the problem you're talking about is caused by the detail level of the design layer display.

Try selecting the "Auto display detail levels for design layers" option in your document preferences and set the two scale values so that your design layer falls within the High Detail range:

image.png

• Like 3