switch files w/ window dropdown menu

As an structural engineer I have 3-5 2 meg. files open while working. With V8.5 there was never a problem switching between these files with a simple click on the window drop down menu and selecting the file I wanted to view. I cannot do this w/9.0, Why? It's a royal pain. I must have multiple files open. Now I have to minimize and maximize files to switch between files.

There should be no change in this functionality between version 8.5.2 and 9.0.1 or 9.0.0. All you need to do is go to the window menu and select the document you wish to be active.

Have you modified the default workspaces? or are you using an old workspace which you converted from version 8? Most likely all you will have to do is open up the workspace editor and add the document windows item from the window menu section back into your current workspace.

Matthew Giampapa

Technical Support

quote:

Originally posted by seismiczone:

As an structural engineer I have 3-5 2 meg. files open while working. With V8.5 there was never a problem switching between these files with a simple click on the window drop down menu and selecting the file I wanted to view. I cannot do this w/9.0, Why? It's a royal pain. I must have multiple files open. Now I have to minimize and maximize files to switch between files.