Client markup tool- does one exist??

Hi All,

I have a client that wants to be able to read our drawing files so i have pointed then towards the free VW Viewer. He has said that this is great in principle but he wants to be able to do annotations / markups on top of the drawings and send them back to us. I'm not aware a of a way for them to do this at the moment?? Is this possible through the free viewer which i understand is unable to save changes.

Edited by DuncB

@DuncB I agree with @Pat Stanford

PDF markup is great.  I don't have to worry about my client's tech preferences, they can use what suits their needs.  I get a PDF back that can easily import back to VWX.  If they need a suggestion for PDF markup, Bluebeam is pretty good if they want to go deep into the markup process, measure, etc.  If they are just throwing down notes and scribbles, hard to beat marking up on an Ipad w/ their pencil in the native app.  Lots of clean options.

• 2 years later...

As an instructor who teaches Vectorworks, it would be great to be able to have a mark up layer or class, and use a free writing tool to add my notes to their work, without messing up their work. Or having to go thru saving as a pdf, then opening on my iPad. I've attempted using the freehand drawing tool for this but it really doesn't work. 

Mary