STANDARD NAMING - your experience with the tool

Hi vectorworks community,

I wonder if people use standard naming tool (found in File>Document Settings>Standard Naming...) for daily work as a part of their office standard template...is it of any use and if yes is it reliable to do what it suggest?

My main aim is to have classes in my own language - not english, ones that are coming automatically with certain inserted objects (site model, site modifier, roads, window, doors...)

I have been experimenting little bit with these tool with mixed feelings so far.

For example class name for site modifier will not change even if I have mapped it with custom name...still coming as: Site-DTM-Modifier

What about copying objects from other files (ones with standard VW arch active ). Will it bring classes with that standard names or will it rename accordingly my custom standard....?

What about class attributes that can be defined within dialogue...will it override existing class attributes?

What is best approach to use this tool?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

Edited by drelARCH