Cad coordinates and VectorWork coordinates

Lien

9 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

Look up Georeferencing in the help files. 

You can define the coordinate (I think of it as the offset) of the file 0,0 point to be the correct real world coordinate.

HTH

But when I Export VectorWork file to Autocad, Its not right coordinates

1 hour ago, Pat Stanford said:

You are correct it won't export the correct coordinates unless you have the file properly georeferenced.

Do you think you have the file georeferenced and it is still giving wrong results?

oh, I think I will try to place the object on a geographic background. Thank you so much! 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The other thing I forgot to do in my example file was to run Tools > Origin > User Origin and check the option to Set User Origin to match georeferencing coordinate system. This will set the X and Y coordinates to match the Easting and Northing of the local coordinate system for whichever EPSG code you chose. 

This will export DWG with the correct coordinates.

Here's my example updated. Apologies for missing that step!

Monterrey Example.vwx

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Tamsin Slatter said:

The other thing I forgot to do in my example file was to run Tools > Origin > User Origin and check the option to Set User Origin to match georeferencing coordinate system. This will set the X and Y coordinates to match the Easting and Northing of the local coordinate system for whichever EPSG code you chose. 

This will export DWG with the correct coordinates.

Here's my example updated. Apologies for missing that step!

Monterrey Example.vwx 73.85 kB · 0 downloads

this is exactly all I need, I find it while I try export Autocad file by many way. =))) many thanks 

• Like 3