Geolocate Tool for International Users

Anna Guzman

Hello! I have been trying to use the Geolocate tool to add a Geoimage to a couple of projects I have located in Monterrey Mexico. I keep getting back a "Error when downloading the image" message, and can't seem to understand which server to use to actually get the images. I've browsed through the available servers, but can't seem to find one that will show the information for the locations I have for my projects, is this an issue with other countries as well? Can anyone let me know if there is actually a server I could use to get these images? Or if there's a way to use maybe Google maps or any other open sourced map server? Thanks!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Try making the Geo image box larger. Often the image box is to small for the data to work. Often I see this with small sites (Residential or small commercial). fill a couple of blocks or a few acres or hectares.

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I have been able to create a Geoimage for this location. As I started with a UK template (with the relevant EPSG code for the UK) I guessed the relevant EPSG code to use for Monterrey, and then used Geolocate to get the internal origin positioned correctly. I then draw a Geoimage and all seemed well. I didn't need to change and settings for the server. 

I've attached my example here. I hope it's helpful.

Monterrey Example.vwx

• Like 1