Door Setting dialogue box

It is a very big dialog box, so if you are using a low screen resolution (1024 x 768 or similar) yes it will not show.

The OK button is the default, so as long as you are not in a text field if you hit Return it should activate the OK button and save.

Command-period (or possibly Escape) should activate the Cancel button.

Hi Pat & Matt,

Thanks Pat, hitting the Enter key will save it. Yes it's a brand new 4K monitor and perhaps VW has not kept up. However, Window Setting works, Door Setting doesn't. It's a VW booboo.

I don't know how much longer before I die to keep up with all these IT changes that happens every 2 days - soiftware, OS systems, firmware, internet, etc. etc. 😞

Monitor Resolution.jpg

Edited by Charlie Serf

BTW, I want to add an avitar to my profile. So I go Profile > Edit Profile. Unlike all other websites VW doesn't have an obvious link to add an image. The only place that seems to be right is About Me that allows an attachment, so I attach an image. Still my avitar doesn't show up. For something that should take one minute but with VW it took me 20 minutes to explore. Why does it have to be so hard?

11 minutes ago, Charlie Serf said:

BTW, I want to add an avitar to my profile. So I go Profile > Edit Profile. Unlike all other websites VW doesn't have an obvious link to add an image. The only place that seems to be right is About Me that allows an attachment, so I attach an image. Still my avitar doesn't show up. For something that should take one minute but with VW it took me 20 minutes to explore. Why does it have to be so hard?

There should be a button under the C that is your temporary avatar that will let you upload an image.

image.thumb.png.5d7b05b4b68ed1be7411ba137e39ac5f.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
15 minutes ago, Charlie Serf said:

Matt, as I said, Windows Setting doesn't have a problem, but Door Setting does. So logically it's not the monitor. It's VW.

So, IOW, the resolution setting of the monitor have no effect on the issue?

As Pat mentioned, since the problem is in such an old version of Vectorworks, the only thing you can do is try to work around it.