Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Delete a text file (.txt)

Wizard12

I was wondering if there is a way to delete a text file (.txt) using a script.  I have various hole pattern files saved per a height code and a number saved to multiple text files (93AA-1.txt) which are being read to populate a dialog list browser and using the Read procedure. 93AA-1.txt has 20 parameters to populate line 1 of the list, 93AA-2.txt populates line 2 and so on for a limit of 9.  If the user wants to delete one of the patterns, I was hoping to delete the file to show the correct pattern list.  I tried to do all of the patterns in a single text file (ReadLn) but was unsuccessful in getting the pointer to read the correct line.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks Pat, that works great.  One question, is there a way to make the file path contain variables?  I get an error when I try.

here is my method for finding the filepath to insure it exist before populating the dialog:

fileName:=Concat('C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Roaming\Nemetschek\Vectorworks\2014\Stud Patterns\',FileCode,Ext,'.txt');

GetFileInfo(fileName, fullReadPath, fullWritePath, readFileExists, writeFileExists, locked, hasReadPermission, hasWritePermission, hasFolderPermission);

Check out the VS.GetVSVar function https://developer.vectorworks.net/index.php/VS:GetVSVar

This will bring a Vectorscript Variable into Python Variable.

I filed a bug in November. If you pass a String variable through this function it loses the first character. If you pass a DynArray of Char it works properly. It is supposed to be fixed in SP3 whenever that is released.

Apparently the bug also impact the reverse function VS.SetVSVar.

• Like 1