Workspace Separator

Rornce

Question

Updated to 2021 recently and used the migration manager. I have a workspace I've built up for several versions and when I load that workspace every separator in the menus says "- not in Plug-ins folder." instead of displaying a line. When I load the standard workspace the separators work fine. I tried deleting and replacing the separators in workspace but nothing changed.

File Menu.jpg

2 answers to this question

It's a good idea to rebuild the workspace from scratch every time you upgrade. Just make a copy of one of the default workspace's and make our changes. That way, as well as eliminating migration bugs, you also get new tools/commands incorporated which may otherwise not be noticed. It also allows you to rethink how you work, what tools you use/don't use and make some workspace improvements.

I just rebuilt our workspace as we prepare to start finally using vw2021 and managed to reduce this (workspace tools v2019):

image.thumb.png.11e63479f83251891a9c9fe23e0c2163.png to this (workspace tools v2021): image.thumb.png.19902832b21951635b6fc5faf423779e.png

Quite a bit less clutter as we removed (or hid) tools that don't (or rarely) get used.

• Like 1