Data visualisation and not horizontal truss

Charlot

Hi everybody,

I've got some issues with the data visualisation for 2 truss system which are not horizontal.

As you can see below, the LX1A and B truss are the same truss model as LX2, LX3, etc (the yellow ones).

But they are not horizontal, and I don't understand why they're in blue (like another kind of truss in the plot...) and not in yellow

Any idea?

Thanks a lot

Charlot

603944533_Capturedecran2021-01-19a16_16_08.thumb.png.31b28bac240281bc5585ad5ce31d1b9c.png

This is probably because you used the Symbol Name as the Data Vis criteria.?

When a truss is changed from non-horizontal, it generates a new symbol with only 3D geometry inside. (check your resource manager) 

If you pick another criteria such as Truss and Type then you should get consistent results.

1799963952_Screenshot2021-01-19at16_15_33.thumb.png.443c623e214c4ec22fa1ae87815918f2.png 

Hi @markdd,

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately, your proposal doesn't work.

I have tried it, and the non horizontal truss stay with the wrong color. Moreover I wouldn't use Truss / Type, because, as you can see for the Video Truss, there are 2 different models with the same type, so if I do that, I can't show this on the Viewport.

Currently, on the plot, the criteria is Truss Records / Model Name.

But your proposal made me think of another solution: I've attached a Truss Record to the new 3d symbol, with the same name as the original.

It still doesn't work...

Edited by Charlot
Translation update :)

@markdd & @jcogdell , thanks to take time to help me!

So, I've made some test.

First, I must specify than all truss are Hanging Position. I do that because that's the only solution I know to recover the total weight of the truss in a worksheet.

(see this thread:

What I understand:

• If it's a truss without converting it to hanging position, and if fill and pen are linked, it's ok.
  • if the truss is converted to hanging position, and the Truss-Simplified class is off, the non-hoizontal hanging position is only black
  • if the truss is converted to hanging position, and the Truss-Simplified class is on, the non-hoizontal hanging position takes the fill color of the Truss-Simplified class. That's why on the first post of this thread, it's appairs in blue.

So, for the moment, I've these choices:

• no convert truss to hanging position, but I don't know how to recover the total weight of the truss in a worsheet (for the moment)
  • edit each truss to create a specific Truss-Simplified by truss model, and change the fill color of this new class for every data visualisation (not very fast...)

Have you got some other solution to suggest to me, please?

Many thanks for your help!

Charlot

PS: please note that my wife isn't here today, and she usually correct my post in english...

Thanks @markdd !

Of course, data visualization works very well with hanging position.

As you can see in the first post of this thread, all truss are hanging position, and they're colored. "Plug-in objects " was already enabled.

I forgot to mention that I am working on a sheet layer.

It seems this issue doesn't exist on a design layer.

On the sheet layer, non-horizontal hanging position is black on Top/Plan view and wireframe render, but the other truss are colored by the data visualization.

If the view is Top, all truss or hanging position are black (horizontal or not)

The only solution to have all hanging position and truss colored is Top view, OpenGL render, and it has a very bad resolution.

Or using Truss-Simplified class and change the color of the pen... But in this case, I am obliged to create one new class for each new model of truss...

I am sending back your file with a sheet layer, if you have time to check and confirm what I see...

Thanks a lot,

Charlot

Truss and Data Visualization V2.vwx

It is crazy.

I don't know what's wrong on my work, but I have not the same result as you...

Top/plan and Wireframe

1292141567_Capturedecran2021-01-20a18_45_11.thumb.png.a2e162a58e8a4eb37b0631a2551b86f7.png

Top view (3d) and wireframe

549391890_Capturedecran2021-01-20a18_50_24.thumb.png.78fd8219d7bf0089e81c99d8cf874915.png

Best solution (for the moment): Top view (3d) and "only visible lines"

1524205545_Capturedecran2021-01-20a18_51_00.thumb.png.42e470ce02190e487d7e904c5b375f4b.png

If someone can explain to me why my top/plan is different than Mark's one, I buy you a bottle of champagne :)!

Regards,

Charlot

• 3 months later...