window schedule split in two

mattryan

Hello All

I have a long window schedule that I need to break into smaller sections so it will fit on the sheet.

I have figured out how to limit the windows on the schedule to their respective floor layer, ( all of the ground floor windows for example)

But I can't figure out is how to duplicate that schedule then edit the criteria to be the next floor level. When I duplicate it and then edit the copy it changes both schedules to the same criteria.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you!

You need to duplicate the worksheet resource in the Resource Manager - not the instance of the worksheet on the drawing.  

Rename the existing worksheet for the floor it covers.  Then duplicate the worksheet in the resource manager.  Name it for the next floor.  Change the criteria.  Insert into the drawing.

Rinse. Repeat.

Alternatively to Michael's idea of multiple worksheets, you could also do the schedule for each floor in a single worksheet. Just copy the Database Header Row and paste it lower in the worksheet. Edit the criteria for that database to be the proper layers.

You can then put a single instance of the worksheet somewhere in the drawing (probably on a separate layer) and then make Viewports with crops of the sections you need.

If you are likely to change the number of items that will appear in each schedule, then Michael's idea is probably better. If you know the number of items won't change (and therefore the crop won't need to be adjusted) then either way can work fine.

• 1 month later...

How would you do the same thing for Door Schedules. I have a project with multiple floors. I want to split the schedule so that the ground floor schedule only shows door #'s 500-590. Floor 2 schedule to only show doors 600-690.

I get how you would separate the schedules by duplicating them and changing the settings.  But what would the criteria change look like.

I have all the doors on the ground floor saved to a ground floor door class.