ID Plug-In + Callout Plug-In Tools

Using 9.0.1 and drawing at 1/8" scale (my most often used dwg scale).

1. When using the ID Plug-In tool the symbols + text come in WAY too big for my taste at this scale. Is there a way to control the scaled size as well as the text size and font?

2. Also, I somtimes have plans at different scales in the same drawing and I've found that once I've used the ID Plug-In tool for win+doors at one scale it will not allow me to do the same for the other scale plan (I get an error message).

3. When using the Callout Plug-In tool, I can't seem to get the leader line to use the dot marker (or most of the other marker styles for that matter)even though I have chosen in the Object Info Palette.

I've had trouble with it as well. To change the scale of the markers, I opened the resources palette, found the drawing I was working in, located the symbol (in my case a window id at 1/4" which would be [i think] a "window id 48" or something like that)place it in a drawing and use the edit symbol tool. Then do anything you want to it.

While I haven't tried it, I would think making a symbol at a different scale (ie "window id 24" for a 1/2" scale drawing) might work. let me know if it does. good luck

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

jarchtect, you can customize your symbols so that they look like whatever you want. Refer to the appendix page A-3 for the topic "Creating symbols for new ID Tags". You can also rescale your existing ID tags by editing the "ID_Symbols.MCD" file noted in the documentation. HTH

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I forgot to add two things:

1. ID symbols will always keep their apparent size as created at 1:1. In other words, if you create a 1/4" circle at 1:1, then you will get a 12" circle at 1:48, but it will look the same. Same with text size.

2. You asked about the Callout. Try setting you Callout preferences using the Settings... button in the Callout entry dialog. This should work better than using the OI palette.