bugs....?

I just installed VWA 9.0.1 this am (G4 Cube, 500mHz, 512mb ram) and have already found these issues:

*when I try to draw a wall in a drawing previously created in 8.5.1 using the Wall tool, another wall on the drawing becomes selected and when I finish the wall I'm drawing it extends and connects to this other wall. this obviously makes it impossible to do any drawing....

*I can't seem to assign a letter command to the arc tool

*the minor alert message gets cut off on the mode bar rendering it useless: "the join & fllet command can only be performed" was what was displayed when I was fooling around with that tool

*the simple pocket door problem noted on another thread not only adds trim to my pocket door when I try to edit it, but also adds strange end caps (?) in the wall which is not the graphic look I'm going for...

Thanks for any help anyone can offer on these items.....

Originally posted by DomArch:

*when I try to draw a wall in a drawing previously created in 8.5.1 using the Wall tool, another wall on the drawing becomes selected and when I finish the wall I'm drawing it extends and connects to this other wall

Can't help with the other issues, but you might check your wall creation preferences to see if 'Auto join' is turned on. The behavior you describe sounds like the normal behavior of 'Auto join'. With the wall tool selected, click on the icon with the blue arrows at the top of the screen to set preferences.

VW 9.0.1

Win 2000

PII 333

P.:

Thanks - somebody on the listserve suggested that also. It's a decent workaround, but when I need the wall I'm drawing to autojoin, it's kind of a pain. What I can't figure out is why this one wall is automatically being selected to be the one to autojoin to, no matter where I'm drawing a new wall. Very strange.

DomArch,

The behavior you describe sounds like a bug, or possibly corruption of some kind, although I can't imagine what kind of corruption would cause Auto join to spontaneously select a distant wall to join to. In Auto join mode on my platform, you have to move the cursor close to the wall you wish to join to before it becomes highlighted. You might check your snap radius in VW Preferences, in case a number like 500 got entered there - a long shot! You've probably already done it, but I'd reinstall the program, and delete and re-draw the problematic wall(s).

Toggling the Auto join function, using the <Ctrl> key for example, would be an excellent feature!

VW 9.0.1

Win 2000

PII 333