2D Components not displaying correctly in viewport

I'm confused. I have various symbols with 2D components for Front view. In Hidden Line, I see this in the design layer:

1651205054_Screenshot2021-01-15at22_55_49.thumb.png.662facf8ae46ec132c9e910b1242f724.png

But in the viewport I see this:

1039821713_Screenshot2021-01-15at23_15_20.thumb.png.beb8039b57d553d110a18f27b575a44a.png

The components are 'stacked' differently: for some reason components which should be hidden behind other components are instead in front... These are completely separate symbols, not different components within the same symbol

The same VP in OpenGL:

1817865823_Screenshot2021-01-15at23_11_28.thumb.png.3d968f4b9a99081183425dfa5b8baa38.png

Am I doing something stupid?
Thanks

Do you know about 2d component stacking order?  You can adjust the “height” of a 2d component within the symbol. 

Have a read up on component stacking order in the help files. I think that will solve your problem.

If you post that portion of the file here I could take a look....

Thanks @markdd yes I was aware of 2D component stacking order but I thought that just applied to components within the same symbol! I didn't appreciate it came into play here so thanks for pointing that out. I just assumed that their stacking order would be correct based on each symbol's relative position in 3D space but obviously not. I'm not sure how VW decides what position on their respective planes to place the 2D components when you create them...? 

But anyway the main thing here is actually that I merrily made front + left 2D components for these symbols not appreciating it was completely unnecessary to do so as they looked fine as they were, in fact looked better. I only needed a Top 2D component. It's made me realise I don't really understand which objects will need 2D representations in orthogonal hidden line views + which won't. It's only certain types of object that will display in wireframe manner??? Meshes??? I've just kind of muddled through so far

Thanks