Solid Fill color using hidden line rendering

nwfonseca

Is it possible to change the fill color in hidden line render from white to another color in a viewport? We are creating an elevation and plan of a wall. The plan is Wireframe with the walls fill class set as grey, it looks fine. In the elevation I can't get the wall color to match. The only way I can get the fill to display the grey is to set the render mode to OpenGL. However, since this render mode is rendering a 3D space looking directly from the front the same color grey doesn't match. If I set the render mode to hidden line it only displays as white and no other color even with Display 2D Fills selected. I end up having to redraw the wall as an elevation in top plan view or draw a convoluted grey shapes to vover the white in the viewport. It would be great if there was a render mode that accurately matched top/plan view visibilities when creating elevations and section elevations. Or maybe you can, and I can't make it work?

Edit: The Polygon Rendering modes come closest to matching the visibilities of a Plan but unfortunately it renders every line of the polygons meaning even simple walls with any openings etc. will have intersecting lines drawn all over their faces which doesn't work for a construction drawing. 

Edit Edit: I just tried Shaded Polygon No Lines and Hidden Line foreground. It is darn close, but again the shading changes the value of the color. Unshaded Polygon No Lines with hidden line foreground would nail it. 

Edited by nwfonseca
  • Like 3
  • 11 months later...