Callout custom libraries and workgroup folders

The Hamma

Question

Since we a group in an office we have created a workgroup folder to keep our libraries common among all users.   This works great except when it comes to Custom callout libraries.  As you see I have a custom library chosen in by callout dialog named VA_Keynotes.txt. 

image.thumb.png.82d16150a6a9d3c483b137436f4d4a0d.png

And the next slide shows what I see when I press the Choose button.  (the typical windows explorer window) This is my personal Notes folder contained within my personal user folder. 

If I want to choose the database that is in my workgroup folder I have to navigate to the server and down into the workgroup library to choose the database. 

image.thumb.png.acc7264cd201c955ca02ac6610300cdd.png

In my opinion this should show me library similar to the one below so that I can quickly choose the database that is the workgroup folder instead of having to navigate to it every time I start a new drawing

image.thumb.png.b632ba8ba401011e127728cfae0fe8c1.png

3 answers to this question

If you were on Mac I would suggest putting a Symbolic Link from the user folder /Defaults/Notes pointing to the Workgroup folder. I am sure there is a Windows equivalent, but I have no idea what it is.

If Notes is truly not looking for the Workgroup, then I think it is a bug and you should file a bug report.

This thread talks about linking the Workgroup and User folders together.

My workaround to this (on windows) is to have a folder on my desktop containing shortcuts to files and locations that I often need to access. This includes shortcuts to my workgroup folder, user folder, backups folder, and my note library .xml file.

Edited by Boh