Help with Sheet Layer Scale

Hey! I'm new to VW and am having some issues on my drawing. 

I'm drawing on the sheet layer, trying to map out some fixtures but everything seems out of scale on the sheet layer . My paper size is Arch D, I have my design layers at 1:25 and that's what I need but on the sheet layer I can't seem to adjust scale. Fixtures that look fine on the design layers look massive on the sheet layers. See screenshot. I'm sure I'm missing something very simple, but I would love some help!

Thanks so much!

Jonathan

Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 1.14.01 PM.png

Sheet layers are always at 1:1 scale. If you want to draw on a sheet layer and have it at a different scale you want to draw in the Annotations group of a viewport.

You probably want to put your fixtures on the Design Layer in either a different Layer or Class so you can control the visibility instead of putting them directly on the sheet layer.

• Like 3
  • 2 years later...
On 1/14/2021 at 10:26 AM, Pat Stanford said:

Sheet layers are always at 1:1 scale. If you want to draw on a sheet layer and have it at a different scale you want to draw in the Annotations group of a viewport.

You probably want to put your fixtures on the Design Layer in either a different Layer or Class so you can control the visibility instead of putting them directly on the sheet layer.

I've always thought Sheet Layers had to be 1:1, but for some reason, they're not, in this drawing, and I can't figure out how to fix it. Help? The viewport in the screenshot is blown up to 1"=1' and it's still way too small for an Arch E print.

Casey

sheet layer at 1:5 scale.png

1699528335_URPSOGala042823MessedupSheetLayers.vwx

You have gotten bitten by an ancient feature.  Long Long Long ago, there were Mac printer drivers that did not have a scale function. So Diehl Graphsoft added a Minicad (now Vectorworks) scale option to the Printer Setup features.

Somehow that has gotten set to 20% instead of the 100% you want it set at.  

Click on the Printer Setup button on the Page Setup dialog box.

Then Choose Vectorworks from the popdown menu at the top instead of Page Attributes.  Set the value to 100% and click OK.

You should be good to go.

image.png.703a95964c9aabd80b0a1e25baff4ff6.png

• Like 2