Landscape Area as Site Modifier

Laura Stone

Question

I would like an option for a landscape area to be a site modifier, much the same as the hardscape tool.  This would allow a true representation of excavations for a BIM project (often exiting ground will need to be excavated and replaced with new topsoil) and makes more logical sense to me than projecting onto a site model.  

Thanks

Laura

3 answers to this question

Hi both and thanks for the replies.  

This works well if I want to add the landscape area to the site model 'as is' but for the site I'm working on I want the levels in the soft areas to be modified.  That means I have to do two exercises - one to add a separate site modifier to get the levels where I want them and then another to add the landscape area. In addition I've found that the landscape area needs to be refreshed to take on any modifications to the site model - but because there isn't a refresh button I had to switch between 3D display types to get it to update.

I really do think this would be a better tool if it worked in the same way as the hardscapes.  

Laura