Stretch tool? is there one?

Hi everyone,

This is my first post and my first time using Vectorworks. I've been using Autocad for several years, with the ability to teach autocad as well. But lately, i've been looking for a program that was more Architectural in nature. And Vectorworks seems like the tool for me. Though, i do have some trouble adapting. One of the questions i have is, is there a stretching tool similar to autocad in vectorworks? Sometimes, walls (with openings..etc) need to be stretched to make a space bigger/smaller. Please help.

Thanks for your posts!

Regards,

Denden.

To resize a wall, simply select the wall then bring up the object info palette, you can then simply increase or reduce the length of the wall by which ever amount you wish by typing the desired length in or doing a + or - to the existing length.

Alternatively if you select the wall, position the cursor over one end, until a double ended diagonal arrow appears, click and drag the end of the wall, works with most 2d objects etc.

Openings can be inserted by using the wall opening tool and then adjusted to suit using the object info palette.

We like you much prefer the architectural ease of use of VW as it was our first stab at CAD and haven't looked back.

Hope this is of use

This looks like a job for the 2D RESHAPE TOOL (one of the more useful tools around). To stretch a room, keeping all the wall joins intact, select the wall and the walls it joins with. Then, using the 2D reshape tool, draw a marquee (marquis?) around the wall to move. drag the wall or use the Move command to move it a certain distance. You can stretch rooms, move wall locations, etc. this way while keeping the wall joins.

Useful tool. Select objects, draw the marquee around the handles you want to move, and move that selection. All joins stay connected. Hold down the option key (Mac) when using the 2D reshape tool to turn it into a lasso, to make a non-rectangular selection.

Whew!

• Like 1