Opening an old file created on VWX 2017 with VWX 2020 messes up OIP fields for lighting fixtures

Looking at the screenshots attached, we see that the data in the OIP does not make sense: DMX Address: 27.40kg

I have already replaced the fixtures with lighting symbols from the 2020 library. The 2 screenshots are both of MAC TW1. One from the old file and 1 from the new library.

Is there any quick solution to resolve this, or am I looking at manually replacing 200 over fixtures?

Gabriel

Screenshot 2021-01-09 at 3.07.14 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-01-09 at 3.12.10 PM.png

Hi Klinzey,

I found a work around to it by just copying everything and pasting it onto a new file. The OIP fields then lined up.

I checked my OIP Spotlight Preferences and indeed there were some customisations, probably over the course of 10 years of use. Before setting it to default, I wanted to keep whatever might have been customised so I saved a custom settings for lighting device parameter, and upon saving it the OIP fields lined up.

I suspect somewhere along the lines these settings might not have refreshed when importing an older file, so all is good now, although this would definitely not be very intuitive to the average user. If there is any SP update for 2020 remaining perhaps this bug should be squashed.

Great to know a solution for it though! Thanks!

Gabriel