red 'ears' next to reference markers

thomas dine

Question

7 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, E|FA said:

They're there to let you know that the reference maker isn't referencing anything.  It changes to green to let you know once you have.  Someone else will have to answer whether they can be turned off or not.  They don't print.

thank you - they are new to me. Makes a mess of my drawings

• Like 1

The red 'unlinked' glyphs have actually been causing some issues for me lately, especially in this age of working from home and sharing my screen during video meetings. I've lost count of the number of times someone's asked what the little red blobs are all over the screen. I'm glad I'm not the only one 😉 

I do appreciate their function, I just wish we had the option of turning their display on and off at will, just like can with the green Constraint squares which can be turned on and off in the view menu:

2090522985_ScreenShot2021-01-08at5_42_26PM.thumb.png.0712f2d6a55907081dde4271278f2906.png

@Matt Panzer Would this be possible? If so I can file a VE.

• Like 2
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 1/8/2021 at 8:46 PM, Andy Broomell said:

The red 'unlinked' glyphs have actually been causing some issues for me lately, especially in this age of working from home and sharing my screen during video meetings. I've lost count of the number of times someone's asked what the little red blobs are all over the screen. I'm glad I'm not the only one 😉 

I do appreciate their function, I just wish we had the option of turning their display on and off at will, just like can with the green Constraint squares which can be turned on and off in the view menu:

2090522985_ScreenShot2021-01-08at5_42_26PM.thumb.png.0712f2d6a55907081dde4271278f2906.png

@Matt Panzer Would this be possible? If so I can file a VE.

Hi Andy,

We have discussed adding a preference for this, but this is another possibility.

Another possibility is to display an "alert" icon only when the object is selected similar to Slab Drainage.  When the cursor hovers over the icon, tip text could also display. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 8.20.45 AM.png

I think this might be the best approach because there are no preferences to toggle and the icons only show when the object's selected.

What do you think?

Either way, please do submit a VE for this.  You could make the VE more general to describe the problem and we can then discuss various solutions in the VE.  Please tag me in the VE or send me the VE number if you submit one.

Thanks!

• Like 3