Create Report - Custom parameter

Thomas K.

HI

is it possible (and how) to show user parameters added to a socket inside a circuit report?

i know it all comes out af the databases. i know how to set up a custom report.

that brings me to the point where to add more than one database into one report line.

for example i want to show the circuit number plus an additional user information that belongs to the socket form device A and the user information belonging to the connected socket coming out of device B.

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

One more:

how to transfer custom parameters from objects (devices) to equipment? 

Edited by Kelzilla1000
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Thomas,

Happy New Year! Right now Vectorworks database cannot do JOINs so unfortunately the answer is no 😐. There are some limitations to reports as things stand. I will mention this request to the team involved.

transfer custom parameters? you could write a script that does this. Tell me a bit more about what you are trying to do.

Conrad

Hi Conrad,

Happy new Year!

transfer custom parameters: device: user 1 -> IP adresse | build equipment | equipment: user 1 -> blank

i would love to transfer the information i already attached to the device and build a nice looking rack with some more information than name + make/model (<- separate classing would be lovely). 

• Like 1

Hello,

I guess it is the same problem but I am not sure about it. I want to use the user parameters for the sockets. But it is not possible for me at the moment to extract this information in any useful sheet. In a socket report it will be shown but there I am not able to add a device information to the socket. In an circuit extraction it is not possible for me to add the user field information.

For me two possibilities would work:

1. To get a sheet with sockets and information to which device belongs the socket
  2. To get a sheet with circuits and user filed added for dest and src

About a solution I would be happy.

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

As things stand the Vectorworks does not have a relational database. You cannot create a query a.k.a criteria that links the properties of more than one object. The good thing about this is that it is simple. The bad thing about this is that it is simple! ConnectCAD reveals this underlying issue because it is dealing with connected objects.

ConnectCAD works around this limitation by having the Circuit object pull in data from connected sockets and their devices. But fixing this properly needs changes at a more fundamental level than ConnectCAD. So the more votes we get for this  the better.

Meanwhile, it is well worth taking a look at Marionette. This gives you a very neat visual scripting environment which is ideal for automating your specific workflows.

Conrad