first nations and native american, ethnic people

mchevalier

Question

5 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Markvl said:

What "choice" are you referring too?

A couple of African American people in business and sport as image props:

VW Library > Objects - Miscellaneous Entourage > Entourage People > 3D Image Prop Photorealistic ( Business / Casual / Sports ).

Aside from making my own, any sources you know of for ready made image props ?

FWI... Here in the desert southwest, that's a pretty big ask.  Many tribes and their members don't want photos of them taken or used for commercial purposes.  It would be exceptionally easy for you to offend a tribal client if you used say an image of a Navajo on a Hopi project... just something to consider.

The use of silhouette or sketchy entourage eliminates any potential offenses caused by entourage 🙂

• Like 3

Agreed that we don't want people too specific to a cultural ethnic group, some vagueness is beneficial all round.

But the default VW people are almost all "white", very few even look to have a skin colour to suggest other ethnic group representations.

Our client was not looking for images of their precise ( Canada ) first nation people, but at least people that are not all caucasian.

• Like 3

@mchevalier there are many sources of png entourage on the web that might help you through your project.

Personally, I generally do not care for many of vectorworks entourage people and prefer to source or make my own to fit the vibe of the project.

When I was working in the middle east, our projects featured what must be the 5 most recognized arabs in the CG world 🙂

• Like 2