mchevalier

first nations and native american, ethnic people

Question

The choice for first nations and native american, ethnic people is almost zero.

Pls include more people from these groups in the base software.

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Markvl said:

What "choice" are you referring too?

A couple of African American people in business and sport as image props:

VW Library > Objects - Miscellaneous Entourage > Entourage People > 3D Image Prop Photorealistic ( Business / Casual / Sports ).

Aside from making my own, any sources you know of for ready made image props ?

FWI... Here in the desert southwest, that's a pretty big ask.  Many tribes and their members don't want photos of them taken or used for commercial purposes.  It would be exceptionally easy for you to offend a tribal client if you used say an image of a Navajo on a Hopi project... just something to consider.

The use of silhouette or sketchy entourage eliminates any potential offenses caused by entourage 🙂

• Like 2

Agreed that we don't want people too specific to a cultural ethnic group, some vagueness is beneficial all round.

But the default VW people are almost all "white", very few even look to have a skin colour to suggest other ethnic group representations.

Our client was not looking for images of their precise ( Canada ) first nation people, but at least people that are not all caucasian.

• Like 3

@mchevalier there are many sources of png entourage on the web that might help you through your project.

Personally, I generally do not care for many of vectorworks entourage people and prefer to source or make my own to fit the vibe of the project.

When I was working in the middle east, our projects featured what must be the 5 most recognized arabs in the CG world 🙂

• Like 1