Planting

MGilc

Def looks like class vis. Always a good idea to name your plants (and other composite symbols), then you can have total control over visibility and function. I do the below. The synHolder class holds the group and enables turning everything off. Sub-classes enable finer control. Some of my more legal jobs can have hundreds of numbered trees so this is worth setting up.

1 trees-00 SymHolder_Exist_trees 
1 trees-01-baseGraphical
1 trees-02 CODE  
1 trees-03 graphical  
1 trees-04 circle.planting  
1 trees-05 Diameter 10 years
1 trees-06 Diameter 10 years mature

1 trees-3D

etc

Hi, thank you for both your replies.

I have attached the model minus the actual design that sits on the slab. It's really kind to have a look at it!  The plant was just on Class: None.  

Sorry what do you mean by using other modes for placing plants?  I've so far kept to a 2D site plan just for convenience and time sake.  I didn't really want to model in 3d the site plan.  Not sure if this is unusual, but I'm working in both 2d and 3d.

Copy Experiment.vwx

@MGilc The screenshot I produced was from the sheet layer (paperspace in autocad speak).

You might want to put your computer spec and vectorworks version+package in your signature, might help people understand where your troubles may be.

If you are on a windows machine, it could be a graphics or memory issue, impossible to say really.

• Like 1

Ok Thanks for trying anyway.  It's the same on a Mac and a pc.   Could be just a gappy line type.  Kind of infuriating when the model looks one way and the sheet looks another.  Reminds me of LT Scale, PSLT Scale, MS Scale...Etc from Autocad.  

@MGilc did you open up the file you actually posted to the forum?

If so, did it behave the same way?

If not, then you may have something stacked on top of the plant group that is creating the graphic effect you are experiencing.

Sometimes, when objects are stacked on-top of each other, it creates these kinds of graphic artifacts.

Oh, and your viewport view is set to Top instead of Top Plan, that might further support the idea of it being a graphics card issue.

edit- and you render mode is set to wireframe...lots of stuff to unpack there...

Edited by jeff prince
  • Like 1