Silent install for Vectorworks 2021

Hello,

I am trying to create a silent install for Vectorworks 2021, I have been looking over the instructions for silent install but I don't see the switches to point the client to license server where I have installed the Site Protection Server and set the default module . Are there a command line switches for those functions so that when the user opens the program, it's already configured?

Thank you so much for your help, please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Nhan

Guest Paulo Ferrari

@Nhan Hi @Nhan

You just need Install Vectorworks 2021 in the Client Machines, using SerieG Serial Number.

When you open Vectorworks 2021 SerieG for the first time, it open the Config Window. Most of time the Vectorworks find the Server (Site Protection) automatically.

Regards
Paulo Ferrari

Hi Paulo,

Thank you for the response. I actually did exactly that. I installed Vectorworks 2021 in the client machine using SerieG Serial number. When I open the application, the checkbox for "Automatically find servers" is check, clicked login and I got an error " Can't find server on the network". But, when I manually entered the server name in Primary server textbox with default port 5053, it connects.

By the way, I did this install manually with GUI, not silent install. So I manually entered in all the required fields.

If you have other ideas on how to fix this issue, I would appreciate it.

Thank you again,

Nhan

Guest Paulo Ferrari

Hi @Nhan 

Sorry, Now that I understand your question 🙂.

To Set up your custom config, You can using this xml file (LoginDialog.xml) there are locate in Vectorworks 2021/Settings/SeriesG Folder.
If you setting up a Vectorworks SeriesG in one machine, you can copy this LoginDialog.xml that Vectorworks generated to replicate in other machines.

To replicate this file in other computers, I recommend you create a simple installer to put this file in the path automatically.

Regards
Paulo Ferrari

Guest Paulo Ferrari
41 minutes ago, Nhan said:

Just out of curiosity, any idea why the option "Automatically find server" could not find/connect to the license server?

@Nhan

Probably it's a setup in your network (LAN) that block Vectorworks to locate your License Server.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi there,

I see you mentioned that you were able to install Vectorworks via a silent method. I was wondering if you could share how you did this please, as I am looking to deploy VW 2022, we have a Lab Licence for use, as I work in education.

My email address is brian.harry@cssd.ac.uk, I am the Deputy Head of IT at RCSSD. We are looking to deploy a new student image over the next week or so.

Hope you can help

Kind regards

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the script I run (on macOS.) This runs on the target machine. in my case, the VW Installer.app is in Applications, but this could be run from a different location as well.  Replace the xxxxx's with your serial number:

/Applications/Vectorworks\ 2021\ Installer.app/Contents/Resources/installer/Install\ Vectorworks2021.app/Contents/MacOS/installbuilder.sh --mode unattended --unattendedmodeui none --Serial xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx --installdir /Applications/Vectorworks\ 2021