Custom Dimension style as symbol???

Hello all,

As a newby I am still coming up with questions which may be silly.

Is there a way to create a dimension style which only comes up with a standard text leader ( "EQ") instead of the measurement? 

Some sort of symbol / label which you scale / stretch on first use like a dimension?

Thanks for the help!

dim sample.JPG

As you probably know, this is easy to accomplish once a dimension is placed by unchecking the Show Dim Value box and entering the EQ into either the Leader or Trailer field.

But since neither of these are part of the Style, no you can not use a Dimension Style to accomplish this.

It may be possible to create a Custom Tool and edit that basic script to do what you want.

Thanks Pat,

A colleague just showed me that the easiest way accomplish what I need is to change one dimension and use the extra-super-duper eyedropper (Ctrl +Alt) to keep creating new dims just like that.  It's not a permanent thing in the resources, but done done on the fly. 

Fair enough. I was probably over-complicating things.

Have a good New Year.

Edited by DSmith2300

the extra-super-duper eyedropper (Ctrl +Alt)  is called Create Similar Object and works with all objects. Just be careful that it also changes the active class. I have been caught out sometimes when I forget to change the class to the correct one. 

Thanks Jonathan.

I really think the term  'extra-super-duper eyedropper' is far more elegant, mysterious, and should definitely be included into the VW literature. 

My current class / layer hygiene/ discipline is pretty raw at the moment. So I've got a lot of room for improvement anyway.

Cheers

• Like 2