Is this the forum link?

Hi Stephan,

Thank you for your reply earlier to my questions. Is this the place to post?

I do see 'counter profile' as you suggested for the extra length on rails to accommodate the tenons. Where do you input the extra length? One suggestion if there is none, is when you click on rail, a rail icon appears with say a dashed line at both ends to show tenons, then you click on tenon and input a length. 

I also have a question on finished side panels on a cabinet. It seems you can only make this using custom parts. Once it is make and attached to cabinet, how do you make it show when you print out the board list?

Thank you.

John

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
4 hours ago, jgmrussell said:

Thank you for your reply earlier to my questions. Is this the place to post?

Yes, it is. Thanks for your questions!

4 hours ago, jgmrussell said:

I do see 'counter profile' as you suggested for the extra length on rails to accommodate the tenons. Where do you input the extra length?

The extra length for the rail? It is added automaticall by choosing a profiled connection:

image.thumb.png.8c8e7facf00e2c6d6dd529da229b3c52.png

The profiles with the '- C' appended should not actually show up, please don't use those. They get assigned automatically. This is where the length gets added (unless you mean some length on top of that for sizing the parts. That is not possible yet but a longstanding wish, also for mitered boards)

5 hours ago, jgmrussell said:

Once it is make and attached to cabinet, how do you make it show when you print out the board list?

It will automatically be included as long as it has been assigned a material. Go to interiorcad -> export -> cutting list. This will create a csv file with all parts included.

We have planned to add finished sides as a new part type for the cabinet for later this year / early next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Whats the process for modifying/ creating new profiles? I have a standard shaker style and rail profile I need to make for my profiles folder. Do I need to modify both profile and counter profile? The Leitz profiles are complex with the radius eased edges. Should I start fresh?

Edited by Woodychips
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Great example and -finally- fully supported by interiorcad 2021. I have set a frame up for you with a standard pre-supplied profile. You can find the profile now in your document under interiorcad > profiles. It is not a plain profile yet. You need to edit the 2D component of the profile and change the polyline to become square instead of profiled, whilst keeping the dado. You need to edit both the profile and the counter profile (the one with the - C suffix). You NEVER use the counter profile. It is used by interiorcad automatically when you set the joint for stile and rail to "counter profile".

You can add the profile to your user folder. We will soon add it to the dialog under interiorcad > Fittings > Edit / Adapt Fittings Library but it already works if you go through the Finder / Explorer.

Let me know if this works for you!

image.thumb.png.f8b26220f12474b253ca080efa4e022d.png