VW 9 install problems

When opening VW 9.0 I get an errro message,

"Failed to write to required registery enteries.

Error number: 5-Access Denied-you do not have permisssion to write to the required registery enteries."

I originally installed as an upgrade,but is now installed as a "clean install".I have uninstalled the prievioius versions and removed enteries in the registery common to the later versions.I have recieved a new disk from Nemetschek and it functions the same.

VW version 8 works without the error.

Any suggestions?

quote:

Originally posted by mdilday:

Error number: 5-Access Denied-you do not have permisssion to write to the required registery enteries."

I originally installed as an upgrade,but is now installed as a "clean install".I have uninstalled the prievioius versions and removed enteries in the registery common to the later versions.I have recieved a new disk from Nemetschek and it functions the same.

VW version 8 works without the error.

Operating system WIN 2000 Pro

Any suggestions?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

quote:

Originally posted by mdilday:

Log on to your machine as administrator and start up VectorWorks. VW is trying to add registry entries so Windows will recognize .mcd files as being VW files, but is not allowed to do so as you don't have permission to change the system-wide setting.

Once you do this, you should be able to log in as your normal self and run VectorWorks as normal.

------------------

Andrew Bell

andrewb@nemetschek.net

I am not an official spokesperson for NNA