Landscape Area / Site Model issues

All my landscape areas just turned white.

( And all my 3D image prop plants disappeared too (except for a 3D locus point) - but this to a separate post.)

My remedies:

• I turned all layers and all classes to visible - but they were still white.
  • I selected them and set the 'site model layer' away from the 'site' layer and then back again numerous times.
  • They then all returned to showing their their texture, but they became disassociated with the site model and are sat at layer elevation.
  • I then changed the 3D display setting to "3D polygon" and then back to "texture bed on proposed" does nothing.
  • I changed it to texture bed on existing - this fixed it - but the site model is set to proposed.
  • Changed them all back to texture bed on proposed and they stayed textured and associated..

This took almost 30 minutes!

I seem to have landscape areas become disassociated quite often.

Restarting doesn't help.

Clicking setting doesn't immediately help; until it does.

This is very frustrating.

What is up with this?

@jeff prince 

I figured it out.

I had my Landscape Components  set to 'Use Material'.

I unchecked that box and used textures/hatch/pen styles all my (landscape area) problems went away.

In the process of finding all the instances that I use 'material' for objects and flipping them back to 3d textures and 2d solids and hatches...

I had been warned by numerous people that 'Material' where not quite ready for prime time.

Edited by hollister design Studio