line weight control in Simple Win2 + Dr2

How can I control the line weights within the plug-in's simple window2, simple door2, etc. Most of the lines within these plug-ins seem to take on the lineweight assigned to the wall that they are inserted in, and I don't most of the elements in the doors and windows to print as heavy as the walls do. Can I control this at all?

Mike B: Thanks for your reply. Like you I liked SimpleWin1, SimpleDoor1, etc, which allowed to you change lineweights in the pre-assigned " _ main" layer. I may be doing something bad, but I've copied over to VWA9's plug-in folder all the old Simple_1 plugins from VW8. I also like the more basic graphic qualities of these old window and door plug-ins. One problem with software advances is that (along with many needed and welcome improvements) they always slip in some fancy stuff that you never wanted or needed.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The "cut plane" of the SW2/ SD2 does indeed pick up the line weight of the wall. There is a field in the door objects called "wall line scale" that allows you to decrease or increase the line weight of the door relative to the wall. Use a figure of less than 1 to decrease, greater than 1 to increase.

Robert,

I noticed this but it does not controll the wt of the jamb. I suppose this is just graphic preference on my part but I like the door and the jamb to have the same line weight and to use their class attributes. I suppose what is frustrating is that this worked perfectly in 8.5. Basically we had complete controll of the graphic attributes.

Is it advisable to move the 8.5.2 door and window plug-ins into the 9.0 plug-ins folder?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

quote:

Originally posted by Robert Anderson:

The "cut plane" of the SW2/ SD2 does indeed pick up the line weight of the wall. There is a field in the door objects called "wall line scale" that allows you to decrease or increase the line weight of the door relative to the wall. Use a figure of less than 1 to decrease, greater than 1 to increase.

This doesn't work when using the door with sidelights plug-in option. The window glass line and the jambs take on the line thickness of the wall i.e. thick and ugly. Anyway around this?

Yes, I'm using the old simple win + simple door plug-ins from VW8 succesfully in VW9 because of the line weight control issue. BUT, if I could have complete control over the line weights, I'd use the SimpleWin2 + SimpleDoor2 Plug-ins because of their handy automatic link to the record info showing window size, etc.

I'm glad someone else is bothered by this as well. I've tried to get NNA to respond to this issue, but to no avail. I would hope in a future patch, they correct the "fat window/door" blob problem, and revert to the functionality of 8.5. ("If it ain't broke, don't fix it" school of program design). I'd be curious to hear if use of the 8.5 plug-ins work without problems. Also have you noticed how fat the jambs get ?