the new "9"

glee

I have been having many,many problems w/ the new "9" or V2 or whatever. At this point I have dumped Architect 9 went back to 8.5 but still cannot print to my HP455ca any of the work that was touched by "9". I have worked w/ HP to resolve what I thought was a printer problem. I can print a "new" 8.5 document but not old. I am running Mac G3-233w/ OS9.0 which functioned w/out problem until the addition of "9". Now I've got crap for the last 6 months work that has been corrupted. Does anybody have ANY answers other than sending "9 " back ?

I have had similar problems, but found that (through HP tech support) that by simply reinstalling the HP RIP software, I was able to print normally again. Additionally, creating a new file with the same number of sheets and doing a cut and paste to each sheet created a "restored" file to continue with.

I have a B/W G3 with 384 MB RAM, VM turned off (better performance) and the same 455CA plotter.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Trust me, I think that everyone is having printing problems?it is ridiculous. I can?t print some files to ANY printer that we have in our office.

I have gotten some files to print by converting the drawing to a dxf file and then importing it back into vw8.5?.this is really sucks though?

I am about ready to bag vectorworks 9 too?

In response to glee, I have resorted to printing my V9 files (luckily only one project) to my HP LaserJet 4MV onto 11x17 at 45% of original (24x36). I then send it out to be enlarged 222% for a full size print.

The key discovery I made recently is that any converted VWA8.5.2 file into VWA9 is the problem. I have begun one new project for a residential addition in VWA9 and have been able to both plot and print on my HP 455CA and HP 4MV, respectively.

Word to the wise: finish what you have in 8.5.2 and if you dare, do only new projects in 9. I've noticed that with the latter, the speed and performance is normal! Go figure. Anybody else have similar experiences/test results?

• 2 weeks later...

YES, definitely! After much frustration I determined that translating 8.5 file to 9 was never going to be 100% (at least until the NNA guys fix the translators). So I also am finishing 8.5 jobs in 8.5 which is obviously fine. ALSO I have a couple newer jobs which have been started in 9.Although there are many small bugs, there are workarounds for most and my output seems reliable & consistent.

G4/450D HP DJ230

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Irving:

The key discovery I made recently is that any converted VWA8.5.2 file into VWA9 is the problem. I have begun one new project for a residential addition in VWA9 and have been able to both plot and print on my HP 455CA and HP 4MV, respectively.

If you could send the problem files (preferably both the 8 and 9 versions) along with a description of your system and printer setup and steps to reproduce the problem to bugsubmit@nemetschek.net it would help us to fix it.